A solar panel installation is a great way to practice sustainable living while significantly lowering your energy bills. If you’re wondering how much does solar cost to install in your home or business, read on to discover the perks of using solar energy, what costs you can expect to pay for the installation now and if there are additional expenses required for the upkeep of your system.
What are the Benefits of Going Solar?
Solar panels can have a hugely positive impact on both the environment and your wallet. With more and more people choosing to power their homes and businesses using solar energy, check out some of the benefits you can enjoy by doing the same:
- Save money and lower your energy bills – A solar panel system can drastically reduce your energy bills and can pay itself off within 2-3 years. Over the course of a lifetime, you could potentially save more than $50,000.
- Better for the environment – Solar panels use clean, renewable energy to power your home which greatly minimise greenhouse gas emissions.
- Low maintenance – It’s relatively easy to maintain solar panels and they rarely need repairs. Just a simple dusting and clean is all that is needed.
What is the Upfront Cost of a Solar System Installation?
The initial cost of solar panel installation is becoming increasingly affordable for households in Adelaide. In fact, it can be done for as little as $3000. The final cost will depend on the size of your home and how many panels you intend to install. With the average system being paid off within 3 years, the lifetime savings you will acquire over time more than outweigh the original purchase cost.
- Add value to your home – Solar panels are a great investment. The more that are installed, the greater the value of your home.
- Become energy independent – With a battery, you can store excess solar energy and cut your reliance on electricity grids.
Will There Be Ongoing Costs and Savings?
Over the course of time, the components in your solar system may require maintenance, repairs or replacements. Solar panels should be cleaned once or twice a year to ensure they are producing sufficient energy. While repairs are rare, poorly installed panels may develop hot spots and require replacement. A maintenance plan can help you to catch any faults early. These costs are small compared to the improvement in quality of life and the savings in energy.
Get Tailored Solutions by the Solar Experts
Solar Energy Adelaide makes custom designed solar systems for residential and commercial properties and can work with you to design a system that meets your needs and budget. While we’re based in Adelaide, we will travel to clients in the Eastern and Southern suburbs, including Adelaide Hills, Seaford, Moana, Aldinga and more. If you’re serious about installing solar and want to know how much does solar cost to install and maintain in your home, give us a call today and let’s chat about solar electrical systems in Adelaide.